There are references to the club existing in 1892, but the founding date is put at the point when the club moved to Green Meadow. They won the Stansted & District Challenge Cup in 1914 and 1922, and by the 1930s they were playing in the East Herts League, whichthey won in 1934–35. In 1937 they moved to Hargrave Park. After World War II they were admitted to the Herts Senior County League, and joined the Premier Division in 1956. They were relegated to Division One after finishing bottom of the division in 1964–65, where they remained until being founder members of the Essex Senior League in 1971.